- Drought Restrictions
- Residential Outdoor Programs & Rebates
- WaterSaver Patioscape Coupon
- WaterSaver Landscape Coupon
- Irrigation Design Rebate
- WaterSaver Irrigation Consultation
- 7 Steps to Xeriscaping
- Dressed for Success
- Pool Filter Rebate
- Rain Harvesting
- Watering Efficiently
- WaterSaver Lane
- WaterSaver Landscape Care Guide
- WaterSaver Newsletter
- Drought-Tolerant Grass Varieties
- Residential Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Your Role in Conservation
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
WaterSaver Patioscape Coupon
Replace your lawn with a patioscape and save yourself some outdoor watering. And we'll give you a $100 or $200 coupon to help you do it!
The Patioscape Coupon provides SAWS residential water customers another way to replace parts of their traditional lawns with a more permanent water-saving solution while diversifying the use and appearance of their landscape.
The coupon is limited to the purchase of flagstones, pavers or stepping stones as the feature item need to create an appropriate patioscape. Customers must purchase enough of the feature item to cover 80 percent of a contiguous 200 square feet of patioscape per coupon redeemed. For example, if using 12" x 12" pavers, the customer will have to purchase at least 160 pavers; if using flagstones, approximately 1.6 tons will be needed (varies on thickness of flagstone). Base and fill material will be required to construct a functional patio but is not covered by the coupon. The coupon is intended to cover only a portion of the patioscape material costs.
Patioscapes must be constructed in a way that allows rain to infiltrate the ground (pervious). Concrete, mortar, asphalt or other impervious construction is not allowed.
This offer runs Sept. 1 - October 31, 2016, so get your coupon today! SAWS staff continues to evaluate the program and may revise it at any time.
Program Eligibility & Highlights
- Residential customers must meet these eligibility requirements: (a.) Must be a SAWS water customer. (b.) Must be the homeowner.
- If you have an irrigation system, you must schedule an irrigation checkup with a SAWS conservation consultant (call 210-704-SAVE) or email email@example.com, then you must cap the spray heads/rotors or drip lines in the area you intend to install your patioscape. A consultant will inform you if any of the irrigation retrofit required for this coupon may qualify for a Residential Irrigation Design Rebate.
- Participants can apply online apply online or fill out a paper application paper application (PDF).
- SAWS will mail eligible customers a coupon to be redeemed at participating retailers. Allow two weeks from submission to receive your coupon.
- The package is available for grass/turf replacement only. Existing beds and/or patios are not eligible for this program.
- The patioscape must be at least 200 contiguous square feet. Customers may apply for a maximum of two coupons per program cycle to create a contiguous 400 square feet of patioscape, or two separate 200-square-foot patioscapes.
- Customers may only receive a maximum of 8 total redeemed coupons (WaterSaver Landscape and Patioscape combined) per service address. Customers who have redeemed 8 total coupons are no longer eligible for this program.
- Patioscape must be at least 10 feet wide and cannot be used to create a pathway. See our example patioscape designs.
- The dug up area for the patioscape should be free of debris and have a hard packed, yet pervious, sub-soil to build a proper patio foundation.
- The WaterSaver Patioscape Coupon is only available for the purchase of flagstone, stepping stones or pavers. No substitutions are allowed.
- The customer must agree to allow a post-inspection by SAWS staff. Here is the patioscape post-inspection checklist.
For more information on this program, contact SAWS Conservation at 210-704-SAVE (7283).
*Participating vendor prices and customer material selections will determine the project's final cost. Please feel free to compare prices at participating retailers.
Need the free Adobe® Reader® for PDF files?