- Drought Restrictions
- Residential Outdoor Programs & Rebates
- WaterSaver Patioscape Coupon
- WaterSaver Landscape Coupon
- Irrigation Design Rebate
- WaterSaver Irrigation Consultation
- 7 Steps to Xeriscaping
- Dressed for Success
- Pool Filter Rebate
- Rain Sensors
- Rain Harvesting
- Watering Efficiently
- WaterSaver Lane
- WaterSaver Landscape Care Guide
- Drought-Tolerant Grass Varieties
- Garden Style San Antonio
- Residential Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Your Role in Conservation
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
When it rains in San Antonio, it usually pours. When it does come, there are a variety of ways you can put that rain to good use! Look to one of the options under our RainSaver umbrella program for several ways SAWS and our conservation partners can help you make the best use of what falls from the sky.
- Rain Gardens: You might call these multi-purpose gardens. Check here to learn more about how rain gardens work and how to build your own. Rain gardens improve water quality, reduce local flooding and save water when it's not raining. Check to see if our WaterSaver Landscape Coupons can do double duty for you. Pick the right plants and they will benefit wildlife too.
- Make and Take a Barrel workshops: SAWS teams up with local conservation partner organizations. At these workshops, you'll learn more about how to use the rainwater collected in your barrel with a little DIY involved too! Check back frequently for upcoming workshop dates where you can sign up.
- RainSaver Coupons: Throughout the year, you'll have opportunities to get a coupon to be used at area businesses that sell rain barrels. Attend a local conservation event offering these coupons and get a coupon to redeem toward the purchase of a rain barrel or rain chain at local participating vendors. Check back for a list of local events where you can receive a coupon up to a $10 off the cost of a rain barrel or rain chain.
- RainSaver Custom Rebate: If you want to go big -- really big -- a RainSaver Custom Rebate may be for you! For this option, you'll need to meet all of the requirements of our RainSaver Custom Rebate which includes signing a contract. We'll want to see the right plant material that will survive solely on natural rainfall and whatever rainwater you can store. This also means that irrigation systems will not be allowed at these types of residential landscapes. If you're planting right, you won't need it anyway. The best thing is that you have all the information on the correct plants right here at GardenStyleSA.com. If you are interested in installing a large rain catchment system we recommend you use a certified professional to assist with your planning and design efforts.You can also set up a special RainSaver landscape consultation by emailing us at email@example.com. Make sure the subject line says "RainSaver Landscape Consult" so we can provide the appropriate response in a timely fashion.
- If you have a fish tank, use the old water after you clean the tank to water your plants. It's rich in nitrogen and phosphorous that plants love.
- Don't let garden hoses and sprinklers water paved surfaces.
- When you drain your swimming pool for repairs, make sure that the pump releases the pool water onto the grass or other planted areas.