Frequently Asked Questions for
(Checking/Savings Drafts Only)
San Antonio water System is pleased to announce our new Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. Now you have can pay your water bill any time, day or night. There is no service fee and all you have to do is key in some information.
The following information should help answer your questions. To send feedback, comments or input, send an email to PayByPhone@saws.org.
- What is the IVR system? IVR stands for Interactive Voice Response System, a new telephone payment channel for our SAWS customers.
- How can I access the IVR payment system? From any phone, dial 210-704-SAWS (7297).
- What information will I need to make a payment? You will need the first nine digits of your account number and the numeric part of the street address.
- Is my transaction secure? The IVR system, like our other payment systems, utilizes a secure and encrypted channel for communication. All transport of financial data between SAWS and bank processors uses above-standard encryption techniques to ensure a safe and protected transaction. Even after your check payment has been approved, your financial information is never stored permanently in our system.
- When will my payment post to my SAWS account? All payments made Monday through Friday before 5 p.m. will post the same day. Payments made after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday will post the next business day. Payments made on weekends or holidays will post the next business day.
- I made a mistake, can I delete my payment? No. Please be certain that you intend to make a payment before doing so and that the amount entered is correct.
- Is there a payment limit? There is no limit for check/savings account payments.
- What types of payments are taken? Payments from your checking/savings account are allowed.
- Is there a fee for my payment? No, SAWS does not charge a fee.
- Do I need to speak with anyone to sign up? No. The IVR system provides the ultimate convenience to customers wanting to avoid long lines or waiting on hold. Since all functionality is built into the system, human intervention is not required.
- Besides taking payments, what else can the system do? Customers can check their account balance, verify their last payment, and confirm the most recent amount billed.