- Drought Restrictions
- Residential Outdoor Programs & Rebates
- Residential Indoor Programs & Rebates
- Commercial Programs & Rebates
- Your Role in Conservation
- Conservation Case Studies
- Calendar of Events
- Garden Style San Antonio
Recent changes to the city's conservation ordinance are highlighted below:
Year-Round watering restrictions (listed below) may be declared when the Edwards Aquifer level is above 660 feet mean sea level at the monitored well. These rules continue until there is an announcement in the newspaper that Stage 1 is in effect and/or conditions warrant a more stringent restriction level.
- Under Year-Round guidelines, all fountains – whether commercial or residential, or indoor or outdoor – are allowed.
- Landscape watering with an irrigation system or sprinkler is permitted any day of the week before 11 a.m. or after 7 p.m.
- Hand watering with a hand-held hose, drip irrigation, soaker hose or bucket is permitted any time of day.
- Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets or sidewalks is permitted without runoff to avoid water waste.
- Water waste is prohibited at all times. Allowing water to run off into a gutter, ditch, or drain or failing to repair a controllable leak is considered water waste.
- Residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural Edwards Aquifer water users should use common sense and best practices to avoid water waste.
- The use of commercial vehicle wash facilities is permitted any day.
* NOTE: The use of treated wastewater or recycled water is a defense to prosecution under these rules.