SAWS Report Water Waste - Citation FAQ
Aquifer Beaker

Edwards Aquifer

Aquifer Level 681.5'
6/13/19 - Official

The Edwards aquifer and its catchment area in the San Antonio region is about 8,000 square miles and includes all or part of 13 counties in south-central Texas.

Learn More »


Year-Round Watering Hours

Watering with an irrigation system or sprinkler is allowed any day of the week before 11 a.m. or after 7 p.m.

Learn More »


Aquifer Level 681.5 | Year-Round Watering Hours

Log In

Pay Your Bill Online

Already registered? Log in now.

Forgot your password?

New User

My Account Page

No user account? No problem.

Sign Up Now

Report Water Waste

Citation FAQ

Here are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about the conservation ordinance citation process:

I have just received a letter from SAWS stating that I am in violation of Municipal Code. What does this mean?
Either a trained SAWS employee or a San Antonio Police Department officer has observed a violation of the city's water conservation ordinance at your residence or place of business.

What happens next?
You will receive a summons from City of San Antonio Municipal Court with a date and time for you to appear.

Do I have to appear in court to address this violation?
Yes. You are being summoned to appear in environmental court. Court dates/times are scheduled by Municipal Court, not by SAWS. If you have questions or concerns about your scheduled appearance, please contact Municipal Court directly well in advance of your scheduled court date.

What happens if I do not show up for court?
If you do not show up at the scheduled date and time, a judge will issue a warrant in your name. It is VERY important that you respond to Municipal Court whenever you receive information or a summons of any kind.

Where is environmental court located?
Environmental court is located in the Frank D. Wing Municipal Court Building, 401 S. Frio St. in downtown San Antonio (corner of S. Frio Street and W. Durango Boulevard).

What happens when I go to court?
You will appear before a judge who will review your case. Possible outcomes include but are not limited to:

  • You may have fines assessed against you
  • You may be placed on probation and ordered to pay court costs assigned by the judge
  • Your case may be dismissed

Will this violation be on my record?
Final disposition of the case is up to the judge. For a first offense, you may be given 6 months of probation. If you have no further water waste violations during probation, your record will be cleared. Probation is entirely at the discretion of the judge and court fees may apply.

Please check our Conservation Ordinance page for additional details.